Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 15, 2018

(Written by Marla while at the in-patient hospice)

     "March 13, 2018 if it's Tuesday.  The switch to the methadone is making me sleep like crazy.  I'm praying it's working and I can go home on Friday.
     Diane took a lot of things home so we don't have a sherpa caravan when we do go - of course, right when I start feeling like I can stay up for 5 minutes straight.  She and the church are slap-dashing the horse so the social worker will feel like I'll be safe there and not a high danger of fall risk.
     Dear Lord, thank you so much for these people!  I don't know what I could possibly have done to deserve them.
     I'm going to rough-draft some blog posts and my writing tips book until I can get at my computer again.  I hope I can read my writing. Out of practice and shaky from the meds.  Can't seem to focus my eyes quite right either. (The cancer was pushing one eye out, causing Marla's sight to become unfocused.)  I think it's morning but I may be wrong here.
     Nope, it's evening. Getting dark out.

     Bearded Iris, my favorite flower
          Not to be confused with the smaller, leaner Dutch iris - those those are nice too.  No, I love the big, floppy, ruffled, floozies with all the sparkle in the petals, ruffled and frilly and floaty, flirting shamelessly all their textures and colors!  And the colors are unending!  Broze, pale pink, white, every shade of purple, multicolored, beruffled and bedazzled.  They even come in black.  Some white edged in other colors, some with one color on top and another below, with thick tongues of sparkling yellow plush to lead a bee to the pollen within.  They in sizes from dwarf to giant, gleaming with color and enticing with all their tossing ruffles and flounces.  Irresistable.  You could fill a yard with them and not have 2 alike in color.  They're magnificent.  But sadly, all the flower shops ever use are the Dutch iris, a nice prim little flower, but all the same like school-girls lined up in their uniforms.  Those must keep better.  I hope when the iris bloom at the botanical garden that I can go.

     Want to rewrite."

No comments: